Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 146 ~ Create a visual definition for a word chosen randomly from a dictionary.

Can you tell what word I'm visually defining? (Spoiler Alert) I opened the dictionary and put my finger on the word last 1 a : following all the rest. Interesting because I've been thinking about a wabi sabi concept I recently read that says Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, nothing is perfect. But! that's not the 'last' I put my finger on. It was the other definition of 'last'.

I wanted this to be graphic and colorful. I painted the sky with acrylic, cut the water from somebody else's painting on the cover of an art magazine and glued the pieces down with a glue stick, and cut the little ducks out of paint sample swatch paper, as well as the arrow. Painted their little beaks with acrylic and dotted their little eyes with an ink pen.

As you can see I was ably assisted be kitty Naomi (aka NoNo).

1 comment:

Frances said...

I like the wabi sabi concept.

And the helpful cat!