Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 170 ~ Make something unintended out of existing instructions.

A bit of a disappointment here, maybe? This is from a book called The Joy of Origami by Margaret Van Sicklen, a Christmas present. Margaret gives you wonderful papers and well-written instructions to create the models in her book. Here I've made the 'One-Trick Pony' (he is supposed to do a flip and land back on his feet if you give his tail an upward flick with your index finger, but I haven't quite mastered that, and I feel bad when he lands on his head) and I've used the paper for the 'Jumping Leopard Frog' in the same book. See what I mean? Not much of a stretch. I had a pretty great idea for this project, I think. I was going to take a sewing pattern and make the dress, or whatever, out of the paper pattern itself. But I just didn't have the energy for that today.

1 comment:

Nan said...

maybe he won't flip because he has frog skin and not horse hide paper... ya neva kno!