Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Daily project ~ Post Heart 4.1 ~ "Off to a Good Start"

The Washington Nationals baseball team wins the season opener against the New York Mets. The photo on the Post cover shows the team members high fivin' second baseman Anthony Rendon after he hit a three-run homer in the 10th inning.

Something different from just coloring in the lines of the photo's composition, as in the previous heart drawings. Wanted this one to stand alone as a little piece of art. Made most of the lines blurrier except for the upper right where I liked the sharp contrast of those shapes. Faded the center section from dark to light because I wanted the colors at the bottom edge of the heart to be softened by going over them with a lighter color and I wanted a dark color at the top to emphasize that hard edge.

Because my "gallery" outlet for this project is Facebook and this blog I've chosen to put the drawing only on Facebook. I think the single image is stronger by itself. The section of the photo used for reference will be posted here.

No comments: