Friday, January 22, 2016

Drawing/Day 1.20.16 & 1.21.16 Two paintings finished

These two paintings are each 14" X 20". There are all kinds of materials on both - acrylic, charcoal, gauze, raffia, Pellon, ink, Bristol board, colored pencil.


They took me a long time, struggling with getting them to work. I had a great conversation with my friend and brilliant sister artist Judy B in the middle of this process. We talked about how hard it is to be an artist, a painter. How vulnerable one feels putting such a personal endeavor out there for all to witness.


Judy gave me a collection of quotes from artists, past and present, from a book called Artist To Artist. The section was on Fear and Doubt. Every word struck me as truth AND let me know that I wasn't alone in this work.

I could include many of the quotes here that would share what I feel, but here is one from Louise Nevelson : "I was discouraged about life...but I don't think I had a day that I ever questioned creativity. There has never been a day like that."

No comments: