Thursday, February 25, 2016

9 New Small Paintings, start to finish

Here is how I started nine 5" X 7" paintings. I worked on heavy watercolor paper, masking out the edges of each image with tape. Gesso was used to prepare the paper. I applied materials to the surfaces of some of the paintings, such as tissue and Pellon.


I like to work on a number at a time with small pieces. Sometimes one will need to dry or just "rest" and that allows me to work on another. Often a problem solved in one will inform what could be done with the next.


This is the group finished. The top three are up-side-down. (I turned the board to work on those.)



The materials used on these include acrylic, black and white charcoal, chalk and oil pastel, Pellon, rice paper, gauze, tissue, ink, colored pencil and watercolor, 











No comments: