Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Back with a New (Old) Project

It's been a while and about time I got back to my blog, and the projects that keep me happy.

Just found out I will be having a one-woman show at the Fire Hall Gallery in Charles Town, WV this coming January. The same month I will be turning 60, so an appropriate happening for that milestone, I think.

I want to revisit my idea, from the beginning of this year, of the colored-pencil-drawing-a-day, inspired by a square inch from the cover photo of the Washington Post, accompanied by my take on the cover story in reduced form. I plan to start on December 1st and spend the month doing just that, then presenting the 31 (or so) drawings I come up with in the show, with the blurbs explaining the inspiration for each.

I'm doing this because it's fun. I enjoy seeing the abstract designs form using the randomly chosen colors. I enjoy the challenge of writing a synopsis of the story of the day, not only because it's fun, but also because it makes me read the paper and I get to understand, to a certain extent, at least one thing that is happening in our world.

I'm telling you about this because it makes it a commitment. I hope you get a chance to check out some of the posts and that you get something from the experience each time.


No comments: