Monday, April 7, 2014

Daily Practice ~ Heart Drawing 4.6.14 ~ "Breaking Eggs"

Instead of depending on randomness to choose the composition for today's drawing I cut the heart shape from the Post cover photo to include this chicken. It is a sizable statue in the middle of someone's yard in Fort Recovery, Ohio. A company called Perham Eggs plans to open an egg-breaking company in this small, rural town in June. It's an interesting article about how difficult it is to find the 40 qualified people needed to run the machinery which breaks the eggs, the contents of which will be shipped to commercial bakeries across the U.S.

I wanted to draw the chicken. I chose some of the colors randomly, but played around with adding colors I picked on purpose and I scratched into the surface for highlights and texture.




No comments: