Friday, January 18, 2013

Post square 011713 ~ C-17 Interior

Looking like a scene from a science-fiction movie, the photograph I took this from, by Andrew Winning, was of a dramatically lit interior of a C-17 cargo aircraft, with a Land Rover rolling down a ramp, in Bamako, Mali. I picked the square inch that showed the ribs constructing the roof of the plane.

Back to a more careful approach (staying in the lines) with the pencils, I chose them randomly again, but repeated colors instead of making each segment a new color. 

As I was coloring away, I thought of a quote from a book Judy gave me for Christmas called Wabi-Sabi for Artists, Designers, Poets and Philosophers by Leonard Koren : "Nonthinking repetition of mechanical forms allows one to concentrate simply on being without the distraction of having to make decisions, artistic or otherwise."





No comments: