Sunday, January 27, 2013

Post square 012713 ~ Daniels Retrieves His Weapon

Instead of one big picture on the front page of the Post today, there were four small frames from a video. The video was taken by a helmet camera on Pfc. Ted Daniels' helmet. Pfc. Daniels was fighting in Afghanistan and the footage witnesses him being caught in a Taliban barrage.

The YouTube of his experience has been viewed 23 million times. That means that 23 million times there was someone braver than I. I don't want to watch a video of a soldier screaming for help.

He does recovery from his injuries.

I used the same approach as I did on the square three days ago, starting with a a print of one of my texture photographs. This was a photo of snow that had fallen off a power line onto the dark road. I inverted the contrast.

The colors were chosen randomly from my box of colored pencils, but I decided what section of the composition I wanted them to go in, instead of making that random, too, which is what I usually do. 




No comments: