Monday, February 4, 2013

Post square 020413 ~ Quoth the Ravens

The Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl yesterday. That's all I can tell ya.

Except that I know I like Edgar Allan Poe's poem The Raven. Here's the delicious penultimate verse:

'Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!' I shrieked upstarting -
'Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! - quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Must be kinda how the 49er fans feel, huh?

So, I know this looks more like a puffin. I was searching the front cover photo for the one inch square that looked anything like any bird. And this is what I got. I guess I could have made the beak black to make it more raven-like, but these are the colors in the photo and I liked them for the composition. I found the image in the blurry background above wide receiver Anquan Boldin as he "hauls in a 13-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Joe Flacco in the first quarter to open the scoring against the San Francisco 49ers during Sunday's Super Bowl game, which ended too late for this edition." The Post then directs the reader to their website for "complete coverage of the contest." 




No comments: