Saturday, June 29, 2019

9 new paintings, or, How I Spent My Summer Vacation

I was in the Adirondacks last week, staying in a lovely little cabin on Lake George with my sister, brother-in-law and brother. We had a great time. And I got some painting done. 


To make it easier to transport my materials, I worked on paper instead of my usual wood cradle board panels. I love working on paper, really more than on wood, but I hate framing. So I paint mostly on wood panels which are self-framing and I sell my work on paper at shows matted and unframed. 

The nine paintings are acrylic and charcoal with some paper collage on gessoed 140lb watercolor paper. They range in size from 5" x 7" to 6" x 9". 











I tape off the watercolor paper, which has been soaked in water and stapled onto homasote board and allowed to dry, so that I have 9 small painting areas. Below is the paper with the paintings after the tape is removed. The top row is up-side-down because it's easier to work on them from the end of the board, so I turn the board when I've finished the ones I can reach.  


1 comment: