Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 174 ~ Work only with kitchen tools today.

Another horse made out of stuff ! I did intend to try a person or something else, but it just wanted to be a horse...again. At least it's facing to the right for a change.

My friend Nan asked me why the horses I draw, paint or build in a flat plane like this, mostly face to the left. I thought about it and the easy answer is that I'm right-handed, and since I usually start with the head, like writing on a page I move my hand from left to right to compete the form. But I also thought of how I groom a horse, from 'head to toe', and I think there is something I do with tactile memory as I draw, paint or build a horse. I kind of feel the form in my hand as I complete it. You know what I mean?

1 comment:

Nan said...

i love the energy expressed by this installation! an intriguing contrast between the inanimate objects of the kitchen and the soul of a horse.