Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 164 ~ Make something that requires wind to complete.

I just spent too much time trying again to figure out how to show you a video to no avail. You'll just have to trust me that this little pinwheel spins nicely and that the birds are singing in the background. I found the directions for how to make this in a book called Artistry in Paper by Paul Jackson. When I first read them I thought ~ you've got to be kidding. I thought it was impossible, for me anyway. But this past weekend my friend Bill showed me that it was possible to balance rocks on surprisingly small points (you'll see this in a future daily project where I am to balance something). You would swear the rock was being held up by a post, but it just balances there. Pretty amazing. So I thought, hey, if I can do that, maybe I can make this fancy folded pinwheel if I allow myself to be open to the possibility of it. And I did.

No comments: