Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 200 ~ Make something quiet.


This was the project that I switched with Day 186 because for this day the thing I wanted to make quiet was me and that wasn’t going to work on the 186th day as well as on the 200th day for various reasons.

So I was quiet all day, or attempted to be. It was a goal and I did okay.

I began the day by waking from at least three dreams in which I broke my silence in different situations. And I was SO disappointed with myself (in my dream).

I wasn’t into the first hour of my morning routine before I heard myself say hi to Theo. There were quite a few more times during the day that I babbled away in the presence of an animal before remembering to shut up. It’s hard to not talk to your pets. You know that.

And it was sorta boring and sad not to talk to anyone, or respond to emails or check Facebook or my blog, or listen to the radio (especially to get rid of ear worms!). All self-imposed rules for this day’s project, just to see what it would be like.

So now I know I like communicating and being in touch, maybe more than I thought. I'm not disappointed with myself for not doing this perfectly, as I was in my three dreams, because it was an interesting exercise.Those of you who know me know that I’m not exactly a blabbermouth, so it wasn’t a huge stretch for me to be quiet for a day. Still, to say nothing, that ain’t livin’. Unless you’re a monk or a nun who has chosen silence, I guess, but I’m neither, last I checked.

1 comment:

Frances said...

That would be a challenge!