Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 186 ~ Make something from hair left over from a haircut.

Periodically I trim the hair on my horses' tails to keep them from tripping on them. This little guy is made from those tail ends (the dark hair) and used tail hair that has been replaced on a violin bow (the light hair). He measures 5"+ from the tip of his nose to the end of his tail. He's constructed of bundles tied with sewing thread and lots of glue.

He dons this patriotic outfit because it is the 4th of July, which is a big deal here in the USA, especially for folks who like picnics and loud noises. The four stars on his blanket are in honor of my niece's daughter, Sarajane, who turns 4 years old today. Happy Birthday, little firecracker!

The original assignment in the '365' book for Day 186 was to make something quiet. The idea I have for that didn't work today so I've made a switch with Day 200 and will do the quiet thing on that day.


No comments: