Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 237 ~ Make a bookmark. + Day 238 ~ Design a mural.

These two projects were easy to blend together. Both lend themselves to a long, narrow format. I thought of the design of the bookmark as also being possible as a large mural on a wall.

The artwork is done in ink and watercolor on watercolor paper. The horse's tail is made of yarn, punched through a hole in the paper and knotted in the back.

I'd like to make a few more of these and ask our local bookstore owner if he'd mind if I hid them in some of his books in the store (Four Seasons Books, Shepherdstown, WV). If you happen to find one let me know!

2 comments:

Frances said...

Awesome, I'd love to find one of your bookmarks. I'm sure whoever finds them will appreciate them.

Rebecca Grace Jones said...

Frances, you are so good to give me all this feedback! It sure helps to keep me going with this crazy project!