Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 297 ~ Use glass to create something.

I used a piece of glass to make this monoprint. Here's how ~
  • Apply a thin layer of acrylic gel medium to a sheet of glass.
  • Paint a design over the medium, using a thin application of acrylic paint.You can also scratch into the painting with the pointy end of a brush to produce pattern and texture.
  • Cover the painting with a dampened sheet of paper. (Here I used a piece of watercolor paper that already had a wash of gradated blue to yellow. You can see the yellow half coming through at the front of the horse.) 
  • Use a brayer, rolling it in one direction only, to transfer the paint to the paper and pull the paper away from the glass.
I went over the print with a charcoal pencil to strengthen it.

If it looks windy, I think I'm anticipating Hurricane Sandy! In fact, if you don't hear from me for some time next week, it's because we are without power. But then, some of you might be, too.

No comments: