Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 243 ~ Make a postage stamp. + Day 244 ~ Make a frame.

My original idea was to cut the white postage stamp border out of wood to make a frame. Then what I thought would be neat would be to print the word 'FOREVER' and USA on the glass, so that it would be over any photo one would put in the frame. A project for when I have more time to spend on it.

As it is, I enlarged the border of a stamp and traced it, and repeated the pattern around a photo of CJ and Mishi, to mimic a frame. But, of course, it just ends up looking like a postage stamp. Albeit a very cute postage stamp.

For my friends out of the USA who might not know, we have 'FOREVER' written on our stamps so that when the postage rate goes up we can still use the stamps we have without having to run to the post office to get 1 or 2 cent stamps to make up the difference.

No comments: